Friday, January 2, 2009

The adventure begins...

For all of you who don't know, I'm spending this semester in Ecuador studying at the Universidad San Francisco de Quito. I've been preparing for this trip all semester. I applied for my visa and got several vaccines this fall. Over break, I went to the consulate in Chicago to get my visa (after waiting for three hours), did some shopping, packed, and said goodbye to my family. This past week I have been in Orlando for the Capitol One Bowl with the marching band. Today, I flew to Miami, and I depart tomorrow afternoon for Quito. I'll be staying with a host family, who should be picking me up from the airport tomorrow. I'm nervous and excited for this big change. I have a big day ahead of me tomorrow, so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment